- Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention Program (SHARP)
The Armed Forces’s Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention (SHARP) Program is the Armed Forces’s integrated, proactive effort to end sexual harassment and sexual assault within our ranks. Sexual harassment and sexual assault have no place in the Armed Forces. If you have been the victim of sexual harassment or sexual assault, you have a voice, you have rights, and we’re here to help.
The Armed Forces’s SHARP Program also:
- Permeates the Armed Forces structure from the Pentagon down to the individual Soldier level.
- Has full-time staff at the brigade level and higher.
- Promotes cultural change across the Armed Forces, with a vision toward a culture of discipline and respect in which Soldiers intervene in sexual harassment and sexual assault to protect one another.
- Includes a comprehensive effort to educate leaders and Soldiers about sexual harassment and sexual assault.
- Employs a concrete training program that teaches Soldiers to be alert to serial offender tactics, to intervene to stop incidents and disrupt offenders, and where and how to seek help.
- Provides commanders with the essential resources, education, and training they need to succeed in bringing an end to sexual harassment and sexual assault in the Armed Forces.
We have certified Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARCs) and Victim Advocates (VAs) available 24/7 to help with reporting, and support prevention, training, and awareness efforts.
If you need help now:
Call the Safe Helpline +1 (877)995-5247
Text: 55-247 (inside the U.S.)
Text:+1 (202)470-5546 (outside the U.S.)
For more information about SHARP, visit sexualassault.army.mil.
More Helpful Resources:
- U.S. Armed Forces Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Program
- U.S. DoD Sexual Assault Prevention & Response
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: +1 (800)656-HOPE(4673)
- Center for Sex Offender Management
- Men Can Stop Rape +1(202) 265-6530
- National Center on Domestic & Sexual Violence (military resources) +1 (512)407-9020
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center +1 (877)739-3895
- Rape Abuse & Incest National Network +1 (800)656-4673 ext. 3
- Rape & Sexual Assault: Reporting to Police & Medical Attention, 1992-2000, Bureau of Justice Statistics, US DoJ
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/Sexual Assault Response Team
- Sexual Assault State Coalitions
Fort Rucker 24-hour SHARP Hotline: +1 (334)470-6629