- SPLASH! Pool / Spray Park
Hours of Operation
Monday Closed Tuesday Closed Wednesday Closed Thursday Closed Friday Closed Saturday Closed Sunday Closed
Closed for the Season, will reopen in 2020
SPLASH! can be rented after hours for private parties during the Summer season.
Cost is $125.00 per hour. (Two hour minimum)
Pool parties may be held after hours beginning at 5:30 p.m. and can last up to 9:00 p.m.
Please see the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center Front Desk for a Reservation Form, Cancelation/Refund Policy, and to schedule days/times.
- West Beach, Lake Tholocco
West Beach, Lake Tholocco
The West Beach swim area is a safe designated area where families can enjoy the lake.
Open Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day: Friday - Sunday 1:00 am - 4:00 pm
Swimming is only allowed when a lifeguard is present.
Season closes after Labor Day.
Ages 2 years and under - Free
Ages 3 years to 12 years - $2.00
Ages 13 years to 17 years - $2.75
Ages 18 years and over - $3.50
Outdoor Recreation (334) 255-4305
- PFC Indoor Pool
Hours of Operation
Monday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tuesday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Wednesday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Thursday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Friday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Saturday Closed Sunday Closed Federal Holiday Hours (Unless otherwise posted) Closed
Indoor Pool Guidelines:
- Max number of swimmers at any given time in the facility is 7.
- Hours of Operation for lap swimming will be Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Open to authorized patrons. Must show ID. Will enter through the back patio gate and through the single door at the deep end.
- Must shower before entering the pool. There is a shower on pool deck.
- Locker rooms are NOT available. We have 1 male and 1 female bathroom available for use.
- No equipment for use (i.e. goggles, kickboards, fins, paddles, pull buoys, noodles, etc). Must bring your own personal equipment.
- To allow for adequate amount of swimmers to get their work out in, there will be a 30 minute time limit. Each lane will have a stop watch and will be started once the swimmer is in the water. Lifeguards will be the only ones to touch the stop watch; this will insure that its disinfected after each use.
- One patron per lane. Odd number lanes, patron will start in the deep end. Even number lanes, start in the shallow end. NO RESERVATIONS. First come, first serve on a daily schedule. During rest stops patrons will be at opposite ends of the pool with no one in the lane next to them.
- Back patio will have a few lounge chairs out for patrons who wish to wait. Chairs will be spread out and wiped down after each use.
- Flynn Pool
Activities supported by the Flynn Pool:
- Instructional Swim for Active Duty Soldiers
- Military Training
- Recreational Activities
- Water Aerobics
- Senior Swim
- Lifeguarding Certification Courses
- Adult Swim Lessons
- CYS SKIES Youth Swim Lessons
- Non-profit, Post-Approved Youth Swim Team
- All Active Duty military personnel, Reserve & National Guard, Retired Military Members, DoD APF/NAF Civilian employees and Coast Guard Civilians and their Dependents with a valid identification card (I.D.) are authorized, also DoD Contractor Employees working full time on the installation.
- All aquatics programs and facilities are ADA accessible.
- Registration Forms / Cancellation & Refund Policy
Lifeguard Registration Form
Lifeguard Certification Prerequisites:
- Swim 550 meters continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, there is no time requirement for this skill. *If a candidate cannot pass the 550M swim but can successfully pass 300M swim, the possibility of obtaining the basic Lifeguard & water Park certifications are available.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Swim 20 meters using one of the two strokes mentioned above: surface dive to a minimum depth of 7 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object and return to the surface: swim back to the stating point and get out of the water without using the ladder. When returning to the starting point candidate must hold the object out of the water with both hands while swimming on their back: this skill must be accomplished with their face out of the water and within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4-7 feet water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards to complete this skill.
Children and Youth currently registered in CYS Services can enroll in CYS SKIES Swim Lessons through WebTrac or by visiting CYS Central Registration located in Bldg. 5700, 1st Floor.
- MWR Lifeguard Employment