- Fort Rucker Center Library
The Center Library is your resource for knowledge, communication and entertainment. Library accounts are available to all military and government civilian ID card holders and their dependents.
The library has 19 high-speed public access internet computers, high speed WiFi for laptops, photo copier, individual study areas, and a digital scanner. We offer free FAX service to all toll free and DSN numbers as well as incoming and long-distance FAX service at a nominal fee.
The Center Library offers free monthly and seasonal programming for our community as well as special activities, story time, and guest speaker events.
The Center Library is also proud to offer its patrons free reference assistance for all personal and academic research requirements, and access to online databases through our catalog. Inter-library loan services are offered on a case-by-case basis.
Whatever your information and entertainment needs, please allow the excellent staff of the Center Library the privilege of serving you often. As with all Family & MWR programming, Center Library is EFMP friendly!
- Center Library Policies
Library accounts can be opened for all Military and Civilian Employees who work on post, as well as their dependents.
- Individual accounts can be opened for military sponsors and family members possessing valid ID cards, including children. (Parents have the option to place a block on their child’s account, limiting the types of items allowed for checkout.)
- Individual accounts can be opened for DA and DoD civilians who work on post, as well as dependents who live with the sponsor. Proof of employment as well as proof of residence for dependents must be provided. Dependent privileges will be reviewed and renewed annually.
- Individual accounts can be opened for contractors who work on post.
- ID card/Library card must be presented in order to check out materials.
- Cardholder or sponsor is responsible for all materials checked out on their family’s accounts.
- Accounts must be in good standing when clearing post. Lost items may be replaced or paid for.
- Books, Music CDs, Audio Books, and Rosetta Stone packages are checked out for 3 weeks. Limit 1 Rosetta Stone per card.
- TV series on DVD are checked out for 2 weeks.
- DVDs and Video Games check out for 1 week. Limit 10 DVDs and 5 Video Games per card.
- Patrons must sign in and out at the circulation desk before using the Internet computers.
- There is a 1 hour time limit on the Internet if others are waiting.
- Patrons may print or copy: first page is free; each additional page is 15¢.
- As the Center Library is a family library, access to sexually explicit material is prohibited.
- Items can be faxed to the Library at a cost of 15¢ per page (first page is free). Please inform the Library staff if you wish to have something faxed to the Library.
- Items can be faxed from the Library for free if the number is Toll Free or DSN. The fee for sending long distance faxes is $2.00 for the first page and 50 cents for each subsequent page. A cover sheet is provided free of charge.
Not returning Library materials in a timely manner will result in suspension of Library privileges and/or informing the sponsor’s chain of command.
- Manage Your Library Account
Your online account allows you to renew books, place holds, track your reading history, and access the online resources.
Go to the Center Library online catalog to manage your account.
*You must come to the Library to create your account.
- Story Time
Join us every Friday from 10:15 – 11 a.m. for Story Time. This FREE program introduces the joy of reading to children ages 2 – 5 years old, and enhances parent-child interaction. A typical Story Time includes a story read by our friendly staff and coloring or craft time. (Story Time does not take place on holidays or DONSA’s) Open to authorized patrons.
Every 2 Weeks:
- Baby Lapsit
This program is designed especially for babies aged 0 to 18 months and their grown-ups! You and your baby will sing songs, do finger-plays, and enjoy books and baby games, all intended to help little ones discover words and language. These lapsits will be held at Center Library every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 11:15 am.
- Yarn It Darn It
Grab your needles, yarn, and thread as we create projects for every skill level from beginner to expert. Yarn It Darn It will meet on every second and fourth Tuesday of the month, from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm at the Center Library. This free event is open to authorized patrons ages 10+ and is EFMP friendly. *Holidays and/or events could affect these meeting times. Please check MWR Facebook for time change notifications.
- Adult Book Club
If you love to read, the Center Library Adult Book Club is the place for you. We invite you to take part in our engaging discussion and discover your new favorite genre or author. The club meets every third Tuesday from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. Open to authorized patrons.
- Teen Book Club
Teens ages 13-17 are invited to join the Center Library for Teen Book Club every third Thursday from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. in the activities room. Join us and discover your new favorite author. Light refreshments will be served. Open to authorized patrons.
- Pajama Storytime
Pajama Story Time will be held on the first Thursday of the month from 6 pm till 7 pm. This is a fun way to enhance parent-child interaction in a nighttime setting. Wear your comfiest PJs and bring your favorite stuffed animal as we sing, dance, and read stories. Open to authorized patrons and EFMP friendly.
Literature & The Veteran Experience
Center Library and Alabama Humanities Foundation have partnered together to host the Literature and the Veteran Experience group meeting at 5:30 pm. This program is open to combat veterans, retirees, and active duty Soldiers. Registration is limited to the first 20 participants and a free meal will be provided to those registered the day prior.
- Our collection includes:
- Books (adult, childern's, and young adult)
- Music CDs
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Video Games
- Foreign Language Books
- Rosetta Stone Learning CDs
- Test Preparation Manuals
- Graphic Novels
- Large Print Books
- Framed Art for Circulation
Open to Authorized Patrons.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Friday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
For the Center Library Catalog, please follow the link below:
To get to the MWR Library Online Resources, please follow the link below: