Army Family Team Building (AFTB)
- Army Family Team Building
- AFTB Overview
Army Family Team Building (AFTB) empowers you, through self-development and leadership skills, basic Army knowledge and specialized training, to maximize your personal and professional potential.
- AFTB (Level I) Military Knowledge (K) Modules train basic information about the Army: You’ll learn about Army life and how to manage daily challenges by discovering how to decipher Army acronyms, use community resources, attain better financial readiness, and understand the goal and impact of the Army mission on daily life.
- AFTB (Level II) Personal Growth and Resiliency (G) Modules train personal growth skills: Learn how to improve your personal relationships, communication and stress-management skills. Discover how teams form and grow, how to solve problems, and how to resolve personal conflict. You’ll also learn about Army traditions, customs, courtesies and protocol.
- AFTB (Level III) Leadership Development (L) Modules train leadership skills: Thrive in the Army and civilian life by expanding leadership skills. You'll learn effective communication techniques and how to mentor others into leadership positions. You’ll understand the different leadership styles, how to run an effective meeting, manage group conflict, and how to be an effective coach.
AFTB improves personal and family preparedness. It enhances overall Army readiness and the ability for America’s Army to adapt to a changing world.
For more information, contact your Army Community Service Family Program office or Army OneSource.
AFTB – it’s not just another acronym!
But “what’s in it for me,” you might ask…The answer depends on you! Army Family Team Building is a series of classes that seeks to empower military personnel and Family members, maximizing their personal growth and professional development. The course modules are divided into three levels, each level provides knowledge and tools to help individuals thrive, not just survive Army life.
Level one, more commonly known as “Army Wife 101” or “Military Knowledge” focuses on topics useful to those brand new to military life. Levels two and three contain personal and professional development courses especially useful for those serving in leadership positions or for those who will serve in the future. There is no pre-requisite for any course. Students may begin the courses at any point, with any level.
Fort Rucker’s AFTB Team offers the courses in a “full-level” format allowing students to finish all of the course modules and certify as an instructor within a year! The AFTB Team also offers concept blocks, one day training events that are targeted to a specific set of topics. Army Family Team Building classes and concept blocks are taught during the day and at night. Childcare is available during daytime classes if using the Child Development Center. All materials and instruction are free, but advance registration is required. Classes are held in the AFTB Training Center, Building 5700 and at The Commons, Building 8950.
- Handbook For New Military Spouses Fort Rucker Edition
This handbook covers general information concerning the military as well as information specific to your time here at Fort Rucker, the home of Army Aviation.
- U.S. Army Family Team Building App!
Complete the AFTB training through this fun and convenient app, then contact Fort Rucker AFTB to receive your certificate! Search for AFTB in the App store for Apple devices.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.|