- Travel Trailer: 42 ft wheelchair accessible travel trailer sleeps six and comes complete with hydraulic wheelchair lift, wheelchair-accessible shower, bathroom, and full kitchen.
- Track Chair: Handicap accessible mobile tracked wheelchair allows a hunter to go over various outdoor terrains. Battery powered, rechargeable, and can operate for up to four hours on a single charge.
- Hunting Stands: The hydraulic lift hunting stand sits on a trailer with controls that allows it to be lowered to the ground so no ramp is needed. It can be elevated to any height up to 18 ft providing a better field of view for hunting.
- Boat: A customized Rhino boat, The Warrior, includes a wheelchair ramp for easy access onto the boat, specialized controls, remote control automated anchor, wheelchair locking system and specialized safety features. The boat capacity: up to eight people (1,160 pounds), and can be used for various activities such as fishing and water sports.
- Wounded Warrior Retreat by the Lake: The retreat (cabin), a three bedroom, two bathroom ADA accessible cabin was donated by the Wiregrass Wounded Veterans Committee (WWVC).
- Reserving Wounded Warrior Equipment
Priority 1 - AW2 No Fee
Priority 2 - Half Price
Priority 3 - Full Price
Please call our office for pricing and eligibility requirements. That should be on all equipment to include the Travel Trailer and Cabin
Fort Rucker Outdoor Recreation is excited to provide Wounded Warriors and Wounded Veterans with disabilities specialized recreation equipment. Fort Rucker Outdoor Recreation provides Wounded Warriors and Wounded Veterans specialized recreation equipment. This equipment makes the great outdoors more accessible for Wounded Warriors and Wounded Veterans with physical limitations. Fort Rucker Family & MWR provides Soldiers, Civilians and their Families with a quality of life commensurate with the quality of their service. Patrons can coordinate with the Fort Rucker Outdoor Recreation department for assistance with using the equipment. For more information on Wounded Warrior recreational activities on Fort Rucker call Outdoor Recreation at (334) 255-4305.
Patrons wanting to utilize the boat must complete the Fort Rucker Boater Safety Course. There will also be a separate safety briefing given to all patrons before the boat is released to the user.
We have a 48 hour cancellation policy and that failure to cancel with at least 48 hours’ notice will result in the loss of Wounded Warrior Equipment rental privileges for 6 months.
Fort Rucker Family & MWR providing Soldiers, Civilians and their Families with a quality of life commensurate with the quality of their service. Patrons can coordinate with the Fort Rucker Outdoor Recreation department for assistance with using the equipment. For more information on Wounded Warrior recreational activities on Fort Rucker call Outdoor Recreation at +1 (334)255-4305.