- Welcome to CYS
Child and Youth Services (CYS) provides programs and services for children of eligible military and civilian families. Within CYS you will find something to meet your children’s needs, including:
- Full, part time or hourly child care
- Before/after school care
- Programs for your middle school and teen youth
- Instructional classes
- Workforce preparation opportunities
- Sports and fitness activities
Today’s CYS programs, deemed a "model for the nation" by Presidential acclaim, continue to operate on these cornerstones:
- Quality – Child care is DoD-certified and nationally accredited
- Availability – Child care is available on- and off-post
- Affordability – Fees for various programs are competitively priced and affordable regardless of sponsor's income
- Accountability - To safeguard the Army's resources by efficient management oversight, good fiscal stewardship, reducing waste and protecting assets of programs and services to Soldiers and their Families.
Families at Fort Rucker have access to a new Department of Defense (DoD) website designed to simplify and improve the child care request for care process.
MilitaryChildCare.com (MCC) provides a single online gateway for families to access military-operated or military-subsidized child care options worldwide across all Services. The site enables families to create a household profile, conduct child care searches, submit requests for care, and manage their requests at any time and from any location.
The new DoD site – which is being introduced worldwide in phases – offers a more streamlined approach to finding and requesting care, expedites placement through a standardized request process and wait-list management tools, and provides reports that help programs better plan for future placement needs.
Through MilitaryChildCare.com, eligible families can search and request care for full day and part day options in facility-based and home-based programs for children from birth through age 12. Families may remain on a preferred program’s waitlist even after being offered care or enrolling in another program.
Families at Fort Rucker who are currently on wait-lists will be automatically transitioned to the new web-based system. These families will retain the original date of their request(s) for care, and all program enrollment processes will remain the same. Renewal for the wait-list is done every 30 days through MCC.
Watch a video explaining how MCC works.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|