Arts & Crafts Center
- Class Schedule / Events
Monday: (Pre-Registration is required for Monday classes.)
- 10 a.m. – Noon (Ages 6-12)
- Noon – 2 p.m. (ages 13-18)
- Each week there will be different crafts/lessons taught.
- 10 a.m. - Noon
- Fee: $10 for the first child and $5 for each additional.
- Various children’s crafts will be offered, focusing on things that young children and parents can work on together.
Mixed Media Art Classes
- Noon – 2 p.m.
- Fee: $10
- Painting and drawing classes will be held simultaneously depending on the interests of the group. A different painting/still life for drawing will be chosen each week. Instructions on technique and skill will be provided.
- 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Fee: $10
- Basic and advanced techniques of wood burning (including line work, shading, and detail work). Individuals can choose a preset design or bring their own.
- 10 a.m. – Noon
- Fee: $30
- Individuals will be given 6 designs to choose from and guided through the completion process.
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Fee: $25
- Basic techniques on creating a pinch pot, coil pot, and slab mug.
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Fee: $10
- Basic quilling techniques on creating a piece on paper or creating a quilled pendant for a necklace.
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Fee: $5
Classes may have limited openings. To reserve a spot or for any questions, please contact the Arts & Crafts Center +1(334) 255-9020.
Save money and learn a new skill with our instructional framing program. Choose from an extensive selection of framing materials to create your very own custom masterpiece. Learn everything from cutting your mats to assembling your frames. If you feel you don’t have the time, our friendly staff can custom frame it for you. Either way, you will come out on top with a quality product.
- Gifts & Engraving
Want to make that gift extra special? Get it personalized with the Arts and Crafts Center laser and rotary engraver, or color sublimation. Customizing is what we do best. Choose from an extensive line of trophies, plaques, and gift items. For all your engraving wants and needs, please keep the Arts and Crafts Center in mind. We are here to serve you.
Pictures can be heat pressed onto fabrics, ceramics, or metals allowing you to customize anything from clothing to mugs, bags and even cell phone cases! And so much more... (not all surfaces can be sublimated, please contact the Arts & Crafts Center for more details).
The Arts and Crafts Center has a fully equipped woodshop with an experienced staff to help you build anything from a jewelry box to custom furniture. All individuals are required to take a mandatory safety class to utilize the woodshop. Based on patron interest, safety classes will be held on Saturdays.
- Pottery & Ceramics
- RV Storage Lot
Patrons wishing to store their personal RV’s, boats, trailers, and oversized vehicles, may do so at the RV Storage Lot, located on Hatch Road past the Silver Wings Golf Course and across from the Riding Stables. This is a secured fenced in area. Currently, the lot holds 264 spaces.
All vehicles must be registered with the Arts and Crafts Center to utilize the lot. Proof of ownership (registration, title, bill of sale, power of attorney, etc.) and ID card are required for registration.
- Resilience Through Art Work Space Program
The Fort Rucker Arts & Crafts Center Resiliency through Art programs is not an Art Class. No prior art experience is needed or required. Instead, we encourage participants to explore various art mediums with open expectations, concentrating on the process of creativity, not the end product.This program focuses on the process of personal expression through art, in a small group setting. Participants will find art naturally relaxing when used in the supportive environment of the Arts & Crafts Center. Free to Service Members and Retirees. EFMP Friendly.
Hours of Operation
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Wednesday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
Friday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
A wide variety of hobbies and skill classes are offered monthly, such as sewing, quilting, stained glass, mosaics, drawing and painting, wood burning, and framing classes for adults. We also offer pick and paint for children ages four and older. Do you have a skill or hobby you would like to teach? Want to volunteer? Share your talen and creative ideas with the Arts & Crafts Center.