Date: Mar 26 2018 - Mar 30 2018
The Lifeguard Training Course will be held at the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center March 26-30 (Spring Break Week); Monday-Friday from 8 am - 5 pm. The course is open to patrons ages 15 and up. The following test will be given on the first day of class and must be passed in order to continue:
- Swim 550 meters continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, there is no time requirement for this skill. *If a candidate cannot pass the 550M swim but can successfully pass a 300M swim, the possibility of obtaining the basic Lifeguard & water-park certifications are available.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Swim 20 meters using one of the two strokes mentioned above; surface dive to a minimum depth of 7 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object and return to the surface; swim back to the starting point and get out of the water without using the ladder. When returning to the starting point candidate must hold the object out of the water with both hands while swimming on their back; this skill must be accomplished with their face out of the water and within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4-7 feet of water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards to complete the skill.
Minimum of 3 registrants required for course to take place. The cut-off for registration is three days prior to the course start date. Class may be cancelled if minimum enrollment is not met.
Candidates who take the training program through Fort Rucker SFA are also eligible for employment with Fort Rucker MWR! For more information on how to apply, call the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center at +(334)255-2296 or +(334)255-3794.
- $125 for Military/DoD ID card holders
- $150 for General Public